DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

tantulus djangoligist jaccordi msullivan92 Nomadic

DYN-G with Acoustic Image amp

Anyone have any experience with this combo? :?: I've been using mine for a while; but am not thrilled with the tone. Have tried several pre-amps; none seem to give me the acoustic tone I want. The Acoustic Image amp is very transparent; does well with most other input sources. Am thinking of trying the PRE AII with it... or I just may hold out for a UNICO amp... and trade in the Acoustic Image (I have the Coda R model).

BTW: my main guitar is Dunn's "the Scream" (see the bottom of his 'gallery'. It 's a Mystery Pacific model (w/ the resonator box)... and has very dark tone (cedar top, ebony sides, birdseye maple /blackwood back).

Any info on your experiences w/ any combination of this gear is appreciated...
in NewEngland the MinorSwing lives
when there you email; invitation gives
see our jazz; hear our collection
"I Awake" has; worship here no exception.

Comments

• Colin PerryColin Perry Montreal, QCNew
    I work with a bass player who has an acoustic image amp. I tired out a couple of my guitars with it: a 30's Epiphone Broadway with a pick up the world archtop pickup, a 40's epiphone spartan with K&K archtop pickup and fishman bridge pickup, and a gitane D-500 with a schatten pickup. For all three I was pretty impressed with the sound. We do a lot of gigs where he plays through one channel, and we use the other channel for a vocal mic. It also sounds *great * for vocals, which I think is a good indication of its potential for acoustic instruments. I have never used a dyn-g. I know a lot of people swear by them, but to ber honest I have never heard one sound very natural except at very low volumes.
  • joefjoef Wales, U.K.New
    Anyone have any experience with this combo? :?: I've been using mine for a while; but am not thrilled with the tone. Have tried several pre-amps; none seem to give me the acoustic tone I want.
    BTW: my main guitar is Dunn's "the Scream" (see the bottom of his 'gallery'. It 's a Mystery Pacific model (w/ the resonator box)... and has very dark tone (cedar top, ebony sides, birdseye maple /blackwood back).

If you've got a Dunn Mystery Pacific then you'll not get the acoustic tone with a pickup. Michael's gone to the trouble of designing a guitar with an internal chamber to even up the response and a reflector to project the sound out of the soundhole. Everything is tuned to give an acoustic sound that projects in front of the guitar. Use a condenser microphone such as an AKG 451 (ie on a stand). That works great with an acoustic amp ( I use a schertler David ) for small gigs or any PA for larger ones. I get many compliments on the sound of the guitar with this setup .

regards

Joe