DjangoBooks.com

POST PICTURES OF YOUR DUPONT VR, FAVINO, LEVOI or Hahl

Hi,

I am starting my research for an out-of-this-earth GJ guitar (I intend on buying only 1 GJ guitar and am thinking about going all out). Names I am considering so far are Dupont VR, Favino, Levoi and Hahl.

Why don't the lucky owners of one of those instruments post pictures of their guitar. I just love the look of the different models, as it is a such a simple yet perfect design.

Thanks

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    Not to be rude but the fact that some GJ guitars are equally expensive and have apparently the same shape doesn't mean that you can put'em in the same basket. In fact, you're talking about horses of completely different colors...
  • TimmyHawkenTimmyHawken Lansing,MINew
    Dude, just check out Djangobooks' inventory or gypsyguitars.com, they both have great guitars and plenty of pics.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    frater wrote:
    Not to be rude but the fact that some GJ guitars are equally expensive and have apparently the same shape doesn't mean that you can put'em in the same basket. In fact, you're talking about horses of completely different colors...
    True. These are five very different guitars. I say five because Favino includes Jacques and JP, with different aesthetics. The Dupont VR is very much a classic Selmer reproduction, Favinos are ... well, Favinos, and the Hahl and LeVoi are their builder's own modern interpretations of the gypsy guitar. I think you have to determine what kind of sound you are after first and then worry about which guitar achieves that best.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    What's the advantage of having me take a picture? The "store" pictures already on this site are better than 90% of us can produce anyway. Most of "our" guitars are already here in techniccolor, archival, dust revealing clarity. If Micheal would only sell me a pink one with "the" sound, that would be a photo worth posting twice.
    Focus on sound.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Pink Favinos, sounds like a Tony Gatlif-John Waters collaboration...

Divine as a GJ guitarist!
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Pink Favinos, sounds like a Tony Gatlif-John Waters collaboration

:D ....wiping the coffee off the screen after that one
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I imagine the resulting film might be called "Gay-jo Drom"

Alan
    always learning
  • Michael Dunn may still be building ... I am prejudiced I know but I love both of mine ....
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed