DjangoBooks.com

Dell 'Arte Angelo Debarre vs Gitane Stephane Wrembel

Hey guys! Longtime lurker, first post!

Need some help with deciding on a new guitar.

The Dell 'Arte Debarre and Gitane Wrembel are the ones I think looks the best. I'm wondering what do you guys think? Any one here had both? Differences between them? Pro's and con's?

Thanks guys!

C

Comments

• cunnindjcunnindj New
    I saw Stephane Wrembel last Sunday night in Brooklyn at Barbes (a small bar). It was an amazing performance! During the break, I went to look at his guitar and it was a Manouche http://www.manouchenorthamerica.com/

Have you considered these guitars? It seems like they are in a nice middle range for price.

Jay
  • ColicabColicab NorwayNew
    Thanks!

I'm sure the Manouche guitars sound great! They are definately in the race since they are so affordable.

Do some of you other guys have a suggestion or an opinion?

C
    I have the Gallato Angelo Debarre RS1939 D hole...it's been 3 weeks now. I may say that i'm pretty happy with it. The action is medium/ low (2.8 mm on 12th fret), no buzzing, the finish is great and the sound is pretty good. Of course, i' m a novice gypsy jazzer and i haven't played with other guitars...
    Anyway, here's a sound clip:
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7644
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Manouche guitars have been discontinued so if you're willing to buy one don't think too much about it. Even better try to find a second hand one, possibly the green felt/square label period...
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Though I am not exactly positive, there might be a few new ones left over. Best to contact directly if you're that interested.
    HCQ
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    I have owned both and have owned or tried most of the Gitanes. The Wrembel is definately one of the nicest gitane models, but the major flaw is that it is very very quiet, obviously not something you look for in a gypsy guitar. The Debarre music link is much more flexible, with good gypsy tone and value.
  • bigericbigeric Las Vegas Nevada USANew
    I personally like the Cigano Gj10. Set these up and they are very nice. I am still playing mine after 2 years. I am not a big fan of the Gitane guitars. I recently played the Manouche Latcho Drom. This guitar is light years ahead of most Asain made instruments. Good luck.
  • ColicabColicab NorwayNew
    Thanks for all the replies!

I already have the GJ10 and it's great. I am looking to upgrade though, and the Debarre and Wrembel are the top picks so far.

What makes the Wrembel more quiet?

On a side note, are there any places in New York where you can "shop" gypsy guitars? I'm going there in like a month or so.

C
    Rudy's, on 48th street in NYC, had a Dell'Arte Hommage last time I was there (Dec. 2009) . But that was the only Gypsy guitar.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    the weight of the guitar can effect the volume.