DjangoBooks.com

See videos from the show with Stephane Wrembel, Ryan and Xar

Ryan FlahertyRyan Flaherty New EnglandNew
edited March 2010 in North America Posts: 99
Ameranouche featuring the great Stephane Wrembel - ONE PERFORMANCE ONLY!
Friday, March 19, 2010. 8pm
One Longfellow Square
181 State Street Portland, ME
$12/15
http://www.onelongfellowsquare.com
(207) 761-1757

There will be some discussion on the diverse roots of Gypsy jazz, a genre defined by virtuoso guitar playing and close familial connections, but mostly, the music will speak for itself -- it will sound the voices of its heritage under the fingers of Ryan Flaherty on rhythm guitar, Xar on bull fiddle, and special guest, the great STEPHANE WREMBEL on solo guitar.

Find the event on Facebook!

Comments

• Ryan FlahertyRyan Flaherty New EnglandNew
    tickets are going... call the venue for reservations
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hey...you cats should get yourself to Portland, OR!!! :D
    Hey Phil... thanks man, we're working on it. :mrgreen:
    Tommorow night!

Just a reminder: 1 night away! It's going to be hawt and steamy and passionate and, kind of like that sex scene in Vicky Christina Barcelona.... but without the sex and just the theme music, live.

In case I didn't mention before, Stephane Wrembel wrote the theme music for that movie, which was directed by Woody Allen and starred Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansonn. But I think everyone here knows of Stephane Wrembel and that he is well worth seeing, and with the Nouche rhythm section... it's going to be a burner.

The show is at One Longfellow Square in Portland, ME, this Friday, March 19th - 8pm
    go to www.onelongfellowsquare.com for more details.

Hope everyone had a lucky green day.
    Cheers,
    Ryan Patrick Flaherty
    So we managed to have the whole concert recorded both by video camera and through the sound board. We were lucky for that. It was fantastic show. I have a few of the videos posted now on youtube... more to come. Takes me time to sync the audio up with the footage, but worth the while The video audio is horrible.
    Anyway, here are a few of the videos. In the Dark Eyes, I had to put in some pics of Django at the end becuase the vid was messed up and I could not sync up properly... but that's ok because the concert was in dedication to him anyway.

Hope you enjoy. Let me know if you like it.

Here is a Link to the entire video playlist from the concert (that I am still adding tunes to):
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... E04315D54B

So far including:
    - Klemer tune
    - Bie Mir Bist Du Schon
    - Dark Eyes
    - See you In My Dreams
    - Si Tu Savais Ma Mere

more to come. I would have posted more here but it is not functioning properly... or I am not functioning properly.