DjangoBooks.com

Acoustic Image Clarus 1, Series III

Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
edited March 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 795
Acoustic Image Clarus 1, Series III. $500 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48. Excellent condition, with padded gig bag, power cord and speaker cord. You can get all the specs on the Acoustic Image website. This is a current model. No speaker cabinet, but I have a Raezer's Edge Stealth 12 on eBay starting at $250 if you like. Other size RE cabinets pop up on eBay from time to time and Djangobooks sells the whole line new.

I love this amp. I use it for my Selmer style guitar using a mic or a bigtone. The mic sounds terrific straight in. The bigtone, a bridge mounted D-TAR Sadducer, sounds great plugged straight in as well, no pre-amp. Best bigtone sound I have found to date (I have not tried an AER, but it is hard to imagine it could be much better than the AI Clarus. Be sure to piug into the 1/4" inlet, it has a different impedance than the XLR mic socket and is where there great bigtone sound hides. Took me a week to figure that out, I know, read the directions). Great preamp and EQ. Sound is warm and round, never brittle, but has plenty of punch. Tons of volume. Notch and cut filters, effects loop.

One cool feature is the interaction of the channel level control and a master level control. The channel level controls the direct out level to a PA and the master controls the output to the speaker. Just set the PA level first with the channel control and then adjust the master control, which does not effect the DI level to the PA, so your monitor level is just right.

I just bought an AI Clarus 2R which is the same thing but with two channels, so the Clarus 1 has to go. If anyone is interested in the next couple days, let me know, otherwise it is off to eBay.

Craig

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    I've listed this on ebay, auction #140390350974
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Craig,

You are quite correct. The Clarus amp is the best thing for a Selmac guitar when combined with a Raezer's Edge Cabinet. (I also have an AER Compact 60 that I like for portability, but in the end the Clarus/RE beats it for tone.) I traded up from my series 1 Clarus to a series 2 and then to a series 3. I haven't traded up to the new Clarus + because I'm not needing any more headroom.

I notice that your Raezer's Edge Stealth 12 is only at the opening bid of $250. If I didn't already have a Stealth 12, I'd be bidding for sure. That is a great cabinet for archtop guitar. Someone may get a great deal.

You will be happy with the 2 channel Clarus (it is nice to have onboard reverb). Hopefully you have an extended Range Raezer's Edge to go with it.

Best of luck with your auctions!

Cheers,

Marc
    http://www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass