DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg Trio in Montreal!

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited March 2010 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 2,161
Hi folks

would anyone be interested in seeing the rosenberg trio in montreal on june 1st or 2nd? it's a tuesday / wednesday.

if any would be willing to reserve tickets, let me know , it's the only way to make this hpapen! they haven't played the east coast in almost 20 yrs!!!

email me here misterdmmc AT gmail.com (the contact is also on my website www.denischang.com )

thanks!
D

Comments

• Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Wow !!! Count me in !!!
    :D
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    would anyone be interested?

WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED?

How many shows each night?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • andmerandmer New York✭✭✭
    maybe they can come down to NYC afterward? please ? :D
  • Mark_PMark_P New
    Then maybe slide over to Philly... :mrgreen:
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i'm sure they'd love to play NYC but logistically, that doesnt' seem possible unless some super bigshot promoter decides to book them!

so for now it's montreal.... the weather will be nice then too

anyway nothing is confirmed yet, but we just need to know just how many people are seriously interested...

it's difficult to pull off since it falls on a tuesday/wednesday and that s enough to make the promoter have doubts about this... We need to prove him wrong!
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hey, all you US-based folks -

Montreal ain't that far away. When Stochelo played in Montreal with Denis last year, there were people there from Washington DC, upstate NY, and Minnesota, and maybe other places I dont know about. Come on up! How many times in your life are you going to get this opportunity?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    dennis wrote:
    i'm sure they'd love to play NYC but logistically, that doesnt' seem possible unless some super bigshot promoter decides to book them!

I know you're not their manager, but have they tried contacting any promoters? There's a duo in NYC, Stratta and Philips, who put on the NY Django Fest concerts, and they're the ones who brought Dorado Schmitt on his recent tour of DC, MN, SF, LA, NYC, and Montreal. Might be worth getting in touch with them. If they can send Dorado & Samson around North America, why not the Rosenbergs?
  • NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    Hey Denis,
    You KNOW I'll make the drive from central Virginia....again!
    That Stochelo show a year ago was way more than worth it.
    I'll try to bring a cabal of Gypsy jazzers from my neck of the woods.
    I think, therefore I am......I think.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    that's exactly what I needed to hear thanks! I'm hoping to show all of this enthusiasm to the promoter.... I can understand his doubts... the trio hasn't been here in 20 yrs, so while they're still superstars, it's hard to tell what kind of crowd they would draw... add the fact that the gig is on a weekday makes things trickier...

thickpick, i'm not their manager indeed so i can't comment, but logistically it probably wouldn't work out this time around.
  • Mark_PMark_P New
    ahhhhhh! I need to go, I'm THIRSTING for this. I have the feeling that if I did it would be either this or Django in June. Literally, and I'm not joking, an impossible decision. :shock: WHY?! WHY ME?!