Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

David_Mencher CosmoLife

Who's Online (0)

Etudes

noahfuturenoahfuture ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in Unaccompanied Django
Hi! I'm working through the Unaccompanied Django book, which rules. Michael is that you playing on the Gypsy Etudes? I'm sure it says somewhere here, but I can't find it!

THey are beautifully played and I was wondering what kind of guitar you were using.
COme to think of it, anyone know which guitar Django was using on Nuages?
thanks!
n
One writes music because winter is eternal and if one didn't, the wolves and the blizzards would be at one's throat all the sooner.
-David Mitchell

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    noahfuture wrote:
    Hi! I'm working through the Unaccompanied Django book, which rules. Michael is that you playing on the Gypsy Etudes? I'm sure it says somewhere here, but I can't find it!

THey are beautifully played and I was wondering what kind of guitar you were using.

Thanks for the kind words! I used a Favino on that recording.

noahfuture wrote:
    COme to think of it, anyone know which guitar Django was using on Nuages?

Are you asking about his unaccompanied version of Nuages that is in the book/CD? First off it's tuned down a halfstep...and is probably his Selmer but who knows for sure!!??
  • Thanks! That favino sounds great, and yes I was wondering about the one on th CD. I guess the half step down kinda makes it sound like a different guitar. Maybe django was studying his Hendrix licks :D
    One writes music because winter is eternal and if one didn't, the wolves and the blizzards would be at one's throat all the sooner.
    -David Mitchell