DjangoBooks.com

Rare Rodrigo Shopis Favino Model for sale

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I don't want to reveal the identity of purchaser of the new RS because he told me in confidence that he has not told a certain member of his immediate family about the purchase.

I think he's planning on using the "I've had that one for years" tactic.

It's worked for me. My wife once looked at one she didn't recognize and said, "Which guitar is that? " I said, "It's my guitar." She gave me this perplexed look and walked away.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    So that was the plan :) , we'll see how successful it is... I'd love to compare the two RS guitars, but may have to wait till june.. No way I'd be flying with these guitars either unless I could take them carry on.. But come up anyway, again lots of great guitars around to try, and with the regular weekly jam and weds gig we've got a pretty good scene going on.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Cool. So what's Rodrigo building for you?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    He's building a 14 fret D-hole Favino hopefully to be completed mid March. Something similar to what he had at Django in June last year...
    Ah, yes, I believe that would be this one:
    http://retrofret.com/products.asp?ProductID=4261&CartID=44090212212003

I remember that guitar. It wasn't finished at the time. Sounded fabulous. Good choice, Ian.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    ibradbur wrote:
    No way I'd be flying with these guitars either unless I could take them carry on..

For what it's worth, I've taken my guitar as a carry-on in around 6 or 8 flights post-9/11 (Django in June for three years, a couple of cross-country flights, a couple of gigs in other cities), and I've never had any issues. The flight attendants have always understood that I don't want to check it.
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Adrian:

Do you have expensive guitars you can bring to Toronto, Canada? We have tues night jams and there's some pretty hot players performing most weds nights at a club in town.

;-)

cheers

Wayne
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Ben:

Porter Airlines flies from Halifax into Toronto Island airport which is right downtown. They're very service oriented so they'd probably let a pro musician like yourself bring a guitar onboard if you schmooze them a little.

Although you'd probably prefer to fly Air Chance?

Maybe you could convince that other guy Deadbeat Dan to come too? We have plenty of alcohol in Toronto.

cheers
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Adrian:

Do you have expensive guitars you can bring to Toronto, Canada? We have tues night jams and there's some pretty hot players performing most weds nights at a club in town.

Hehe, I have my new AJL and a Michael Dunn, neither of which are for sale, but I'd love to come to Toronto one of these days to check out the local gypsy jazz scene! I'll get in touch if I do. :)

Adrian
    Maybe you could convince that other guy Deadbeat Dan to come too? We have plenty of alcohol in Toronto.

cheers
    Wayne,

You have alcohol in Toronto? Why didn't you say so sooner? We'll be on the next flight!
    Benny

-- Orson Welles