DjangoBooks.com

Slowing Down Clips from the New Stochelo DVD

124»

Comments

• swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    2 possibilities:

1) It's your attachment - save it out as mp4 rather than windows media video (WMV) format and then upload.
    2) It's the existing Stochelo .mp3 file, which works for me on Linux and Windows. BUT the MIME type is wrong (the bulletin board is probably to blame) and your Mac is probably complaining about that. You can ignore this if you want to upload something but if you want to hear it, go into Quicktime and change the settings to allow it to play .mp3 files and .wmv files.

Don't have a Mac so can't test this hypothesis but it has to be something like that...
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Ok, I've just made a few changes. Let's see what happens...

If this doesn't work, maybe I'll try e-mailing Michael Horowitz and see if he can make any changes for me that will support QuickTime at the site...
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    OK, now it can be opened on my computer as an MP 3 file, but as far as I can see, there's no way to slow the clip down like you can do on QuickTime...

Well, perhaps I'll share some other stuff anyway.

Later, fellas.
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Oh, what the hell, let's try this before I go out for a bite to eat...

This is a version of "Rose Room" played back at about 75% speed, it's packed full of great licks to learn, and they're all pretty easy at this speed.

Tell what you think.

Sorry about the initial distortion, thankfully it doesn't last too long.

• swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    If you want to slow down mp3s, try a free program called Audacity (on PC/Linux, not sure about Mac, though) - simple to use, has a few other useful effects as well.

Cheers, s68
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Just in case anyone is still wondering about how to do this, the downloadable version from the Hypermedia site comes with a player which permits looping and also has a basic slow-down feature.
    http://www.hyperhipmedia.com/HMO_home.html
  • BonesBones Moderator
    If you are using a PC Windows Media Player has a slow down feature.

Just open a .mp3 (audio) or .wmv (video) formatted file in windows media player.

At the top left area of the screen there is a button called 'Now Playing'. Push that.

Now at the bottom of the screen you should see some controls. One is a slider for speed. The slowest you can go is 50% and still have audio playing.