DjangoBooks.com

Dell'Arte Angelo Debarre Signature Model

zeddyfreezeddyfree The Netherlands, near UtrechtNew
Hi Guys,

Has anyone something to say about this guitar?

Dell'Arte Angelo Debarre Signature Model
http://www.dellartemusic.com/index.php?id=1742

Merci!

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Hi there, I had one of these until June of this year. It was my second proper Gypsy guitar - the first was a Cigano. My A Debarre was a great guitar after a bit of playing in. it's a big guitar - Favino size - with what they tell me is a typical Favino sound, dry with a lot of top. Mine was beautifully made, stunning woods and a great finish. I changed the tuner buttons as I didn't like the originals, changed the bridge and shimmed it up to raise the action.

Mine was a great guitar and I'd recommend it, for me it played well and sounded great. You can see the guitar in action here

This was taken about a year after I started this style so my playing - starts at 1.43 - isn't great and I'm probably not getting the best sound of the guitar.

On a cautionary note, one of the guys from the Glasgow club tried another one of these and said that it didn't have the same sound as mine. This might have been because of old strings, low action or maybe it just needs playing in.. I suppose it's the same issue with all mass produced guitars, some will be better than others and unless you can try it out before you buy it's all down to luck.

Alan
    always learning
  • zeddyfreezeddyfree The Netherlands, near UtrechtNew
    Thank you for your reply and the nice video!

I just love the looks of a maple guitar, but in the end it is all down to sound. I'll take your advice and make sure I can play my future instrument before buying. For me, that probably means a visit to Palm Guitars since I live in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Too bad they don't have the Debarre model...

Looking at your vid I'm a bit jealous. I wish there was a Hotclub d'Utrecht :) Your playing is nice, a lot better than mine. Although, as you say yourself, you probably could get more sound out of the guitar with powerful gypsy picking.

Thanks!

Frédéric
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Now it's my turn to be jealous of you - I wish we had a Palm Guitars in Scotland. I know what you mean I wasn;t picking properly at the time so wasn't getting the best from the guitar but some of the more experienced players really liked it.

Just to make things even more confusing - this is also a good guitar for the money

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbmc500.htm

it is identical to Dell Artes Asian made Hommage - same woods and hardware etc. - but for less euros.
    I had one of these too and sold it to buy something else. And they deliver free to your home.

Good luck
    Alan
    always learning