DjangoBooks.com

which size bridge for cigano?

2»

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    hey gary, no i still only have a D-hole but i was ordering the other one for the other guy in my band who has the oval hole. but you know i'm considering to get a GJ-10 for me aswell because i quite enjoy to play it, and the sound is really different from the GJ-15. and they're so cheap.

picked up the K&K today (it shipped in 5 days no problem but the dickhead at the postoffice mucked me around for another few, said he didn't have my parcel when it was sitting there the whole time since 29 dec!)
    haven't installed yet but i'll do it in the next couple of days and see how it goes :D
    ps gary ! olivier kikteff is doing a masterclass at Le Q this wkend , or the next , i forget which but it's soon! please go for me, absorb, and regurgitate when i'm back in UK !! :lol:
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    :D It's part of the plan.... 18th of jan. Yeah... :D
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I haven't seen a Cigano in a while but I'd say a Dupont bigtone is only a good fit for the CG-10 and not on the CG-15, because of the neck angle. I'd say the $300 bigtone is perfect on at $300 guitar though, imho.
    i have installed the K&K, it was pretty easy on my D hole but i have no idea how it would be possible on the oval holes. i am fairly pleased with the sound , it's a little quacky but it does capture the flavour of a gypsy jazz sound better than i was expecting.
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    You get a small slave-child with very little hands to do it, & beat him severely if he doesn't do it right. :lol:
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I got my repairman to install a K&K in my Jorgenson, but not without a lot of arm-twisting and swearing from him during the process. Not sure i could get him to do it again.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com