DjangoBooks.com

Christmas Swing question

hellyeshellyes New
edited November 2009 in Welcome Posts: 6
Hello, thank you for reading this. I had a Django Reinhardt play along CD years ago, converted into mp3 format, so you could loop the tracks and play all day long. I lost it utterly and I do not know the title of the album, but what I do know is this:

the CD has a backing track of Christmas Swing on it, which was my personal favorite on the record and also it seems to be a rarity in the backing track repertoire. The tracks on the CD start out by a lady counting in passionately before the players start with the rhythm section.

Please help me, as I have no other idea on how to find this album.

Comments

• FransFrans The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    I think you are looking for the French Book "Django Reinhardt-Playbacks jazz manouche" by Romane and Derek Sebastian with a seasick-green colored pic of Django in Rome on the cover, I think the lady who does the count-in is Alice Bassi ? (the bass player), the book was published in ´97 by LD Music, I also did a search for the cd but haven´t found it yet (I know it.s somewhere stored in a box ) I will search again but there maybe others who have it at ready
    kind regards
    Frans
  • hellyeshellyes New
    Frans,

thank you for this info.
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Email sent

CB
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell