DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy guitars in non-gypsy jazz Movies!

B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
....I'm watching this movie "Momma's Man" 2008 set in New York and up pops an old Saga Gitane D-500 with the dark satin brown/orange finish, large D Hole, extended fingerboard but I couldn't see the Mfg logo on the head stock - lighting was too dark. But, I figure it must have been a Gitane as the moustache ends were missing and the bridge had a visible white color shim under it as many of the early models like mine - mid 90's had a little sunken top issue. Anyway it was peculiar because the actor wasn't playing any rest stroke or "Pompe" but a "I hate my ex-girlfriend for dumping me" song! So how does a guitar like this end up here?
....Rocky

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    Teddy -
    ..............Thanks for posting these wonderful old videos! Over here in America we see very little of GJ guitars in USA produced movies, especially when the player doesn't use any GJ technique or repertoire and I found it strange for a non GJ song on a GJ guitar and I've watched alot of movies.
    ..............Rocky