Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

jparlanti sk8557729

Bireli and Friend DVD > Bonus > guitars used in the studio??

Hi,
I have recently been watching again my "bireli and Friends" dvd and was looking at the bonus..

There is a sequence on moments voles / stolen moments where you see the recording of "ou es tu mon amour" (my absolute favorite gypsy jazz standard!!). I believe Bireli is playing a Dupont VR. Who is the guitarist who shows him the rhythm section and what guitar is he playing?? I am talking about the guy smoking a cigarette, white T-shirt and shirt, jean...I love his aged guitar, sounds really good to...

Thanks,

Cheops
http://steinwayguitars.blogspot.com/

Comments

• cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    Also, another question: Anywhere I could ever play a Dupont Vieille Reserve in the Bay Area??
    So much said about them, I would like to put my hand on them and try...
    Any dealer, any way?

Thanks
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    Hi! I believe he is Holzmano Lagrene. In some records his lastname is Winterstein for some reason. Who knows. I don't know what is the guitar.. He is playing rhythm guitar in Wavau Adler's "Back to the roots" records. Check out Holzmano's discography:

http://www.djangostation.com/+-Holzmann ... ein-+.html
    cheopsnet wrote:
    Hi,
    Who is the guitarist who shows him the rhythm section and what guitar is he playing?? I am talking about the guy smoking a cigarette, white T-shirt and shirt, jean...I love his aged guitar, sounds really good to...
  • cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    Thanks Bluetrain.
    Confusing this Holzmano/Winterstein, as the other rhythm guitarist for Bireli is also a Winterstein's...
    I just really like his guitar and its sound. He is also very chill

Thanks
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Here's a recent clip where you can hear Holzmano taking a solo: that's rare but he's good! Wawau of course is God.

As for the red painted guitar in the Bireli and Friend's DVD I'd say a Favino, but I really can't remember well: I should check the DVD...