Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

SStopford rstraw

Lady be good ascending pattern

RicardoRicardo Cornwall UKNew
edited November 2009 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 41
Hi ,i'm having trouble with an ascending pattern which Django plays on the 1934 recording of Lady be good which starts at about 1.02. I can't quite work out the correct notes - sort of but not quite. Does anyone have any clues please?
Not now dear, I have a terrible Djangover.

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    [code]-7-5-3--------------------------------------------------------------------(0)--------------------------------
    ----------5-3---------------------------------------------------3-0------4-0--------4--0-------6-0--------7-
    ----------------4-0------3-0------4-0------5-0------6-0----------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------2-0------2-0------2-0------2-0--------2-0-------2-0-------2-0-------2-0-------2-0-----
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/code]
    Instead of repeating the Eb on the 2nd string you can try continuing the chromatic ascent with an E note.
  • RicardoRicardo Cornwall UKNew
    Thank you so much for this - you are a star.
    Not now dear, I have a terrible Djangover.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Anytime buddy.
    Glad to help
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    Harry,
    Thanks for that.
    I haven't picked up the guitar yet, but how is that tab to be read?
    Is it 1st. string from top to bottom?

Jack
    "You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"
    yeah top line is the high e string, but it's wrapped the text around (or might just be because i'm viewing on a small laptop screen), you can cut and paste it into notepad and it will line up properly
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    That's such a cool lick/idea. I've been using it, and variations of it. Lot of fun to play.

Thanks!