DjangoBooks.com

Error in Musical Example 2.2?

pault86pault86 College Station, TXNew
edited August 2009 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 24
Really enjoying the Gypsy Picking book, Mike. Don't know how I would have even heard of rest stroke technique without it.

In bar 4 of musical example 2.2 on page 34 did you intend to skip the C at the eigth fret in the ascending chromatic run?

Maybe you're checking to see who's reading carefully! I only noticed because I was not finishing with a down stroke.

Hope you can keep the 500 series Selmer. Watching the Youtube videos nothing compares with the sound.

Paul

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Paul...yes the C is missing...a small mistake but often that sort of happens when you're playing these "chromatic runs." Notes are often skipped....it's more about where you start and where you end.

I'll keep the Selmer for myself if everyone on this forum goes to the store right now and buys 50 copies of Gypsy Picking! :D

Otherwise, I'm afraid it will have to be sold. Such a shame as it's an incredible instrument!

'm
  • pault86pault86 College Station, TXNew
    Hi Mike,

Thanks, figured you wanted it in there.

Being just a week into the book I feel like I'm starting guitar all over again and have to check everything.

I really wish that guitar could stay in your hands, you've done so much to help people play Gypsy. At least you get to play it and you play it well. Maybe the future holds one in even nicer condition for you.

Paul