DjangoBooks.com

1996 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery with original hardshell case

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Is there a drool emoticon.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • SimoniusSimonius New
    Yeah, man that's a beautiful guitar! One you would by without even having to try it - you know it'll be fine. I wish I was rich!
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I own a 1996 Gibson Wes L-5 (wine red). It is a great guitar. I believe that Gibson Custom shop guitars from the 90's are as good as any Gibsons ever made.

That said, be advised that this is an electric guitar. The top is cut thicker than an acoustic l-5 (for feedback resistance) and therefore the acoustic response of these guitars is limited.

Cheers,

Marc
    www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks Marc...it's definitely not a campfire guitar (unless you have a battery powered amp :D ). But so fat when amplified!
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    I saw this beauty when Michael played it Monday night at Cafe Presse. Truly a magnificent instrument! If only I wasn't a student....
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    yeah michael on your next round of videos I am requesting you do one with this. Maybe through a AI amp and a raezors edge cab? :D
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    good idea caleb, will do!