DjangoBooks.com

Hello from Colorado!

CitrusCitrus DenverNew
edited June 2009 in Welcome Posts: 8
Hello out there.

I am very new to the Gypsy Jazz style of guitar playing. I got turned on while in Belgium touring with George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. It has taken a few years for the infection to take hold. But I am permanently messed up and this music has me playing non-stop!

I purchased the Picking and the Rhythm book..and a few more along the way. Got a great guitar and some good strings and pics....I am enjoying myself on the guitar again in a way that I haven't since the 80s.
I am very happy to have found this site and group of like minded people..

I have only been at it for a few months...but here is a little set I put together. Recorded at home...two rhythm and two lead guitars a piece...just for fun.
I know I have a LONG way to go...but what FUN!
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/1485873
Enjoy Life While You Can

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Welcome!!
    For even more fun check out Denis Chang instructional DVDs:
    http://www.hyperhipmedia.com/catalogue.html
    I'm not affiliated with his company, I just love the videos.
  • CitrusCitrus DenverNew
    Thanks for the greetings and the link!
    Enjoy Life While You Can
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Hey ya Citrus. Welcome to the group. When this Gypsy jazz bug bites, it bites good don't it? I've played funk, reggae, jump swing, and more. Sounds like we have some mutual interests. I'm in Manitou Springs (right next to Colorado Springs). We need to hook up... got lot'sa of Gypsy jazz stuff.

A.E.
  • CitrusCitrus DenverNew
    Howdy Archtop!

I am in Denver...I live a block from Swallow Hill Music Association. We just had the John Jorgenson Quintet play down here a few weeks back.

Don't get down that way much...but Now I may have an excuse. Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Citrus

and yes. I got bit HARD...I need a tetanus shot! well....not really I am enjoying my fever!
    Enjoy Life While You Can
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Ahh -- I and a number of my friends were also at the JJ show at Swallow Hill. Too bad we didn't know to connect then. We shall soon, I'm sure. Until then, raise your hands and drop your funk! And do the DjangodelicReinfunkahardt!

A.E.