DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthday

SaraLab

WTB used Gitane DG-255

gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
edited May 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 25
Would like to buy a fair priced used Gitane DG-255 or other similar priced used petite bouche. Would consider a used Gitane DG-250.
A shop worn or scratch and dent new instrument also considered.
Normal play wear acceptable, but would like to avoid a cracked instrument. Please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mike.arlene@att.net">mike.arlene@att.net</a><!-- e -->

Comments

• gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
    I found a Gitane DG 255 at a good price however friends are looking to get into Gypsy Jazz. Keep me posted for them as well.
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    May I suggest keeping an eye open for a DG-250M, the maple 1942 Selmer type guitar, as well? I recently picked up a beautiful used one, and after fussing with the neck relief, shimming the bridge , and routing out the inside original bridge, I ended up with a fabulous guitar.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I have a 250-M that I put a Dupont bridge on and like quite a bit.
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. The DG-250 M is a good guitar but please forgive me for being somewhat of purist. I wanted something close to the original Maccaferri dimensions for students and wanted to pair it sound /volume wise with the DG-500.
    The DG 250-M is loud and possibly too loud to pair with the DG-500.

I have purchased a DG-255 but will be recommending the DG-250M to my friends who might be interested in learning Gypsy Jazz.
    The only problem has been how to lead friends to Gypsy Jazz. Some appear closed minded about a different style of playing or too psyched out by the agility of some of the known performers. I am trying to convince them, with the right learning material, the right instrument, the right pick and a little patience and practice they can sound good.
    They do not need to be another Bireli Lagrene to sound good, just be true to the music.

I guess with all this additional information, this post now needs to be in another forum section.