DjangoBooks.com

When Day Is Done

VerchachoVerchacho Orlando, FloridaNew
edited May 2006 in Repertoire Posts: 31
Does anyone have or know where i can get a chart or tablature of this song.
I'm specially looking for the Bireli version.
Thanks

Comments

• The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
    Hey man, I've had such a hard time finding this song too. I went on to www.hotclub.co.uk and checked out their archives. They didn't have it either but I emailed them and requested the song specifically. Within a couple days they had the song posted on the site! But after about a week they removed it... Strange huh? But maybe you could try the same thing. If that doesn't work out I could at least send you the chords.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    There seems to still be a version on the Hot Club site (five pages worth, in fact):
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/pdf/when_day_is_done.PDF

Enjoy,
    Jack.
  • ghodaddyyoghodaddyyo The slums of OCNew
    I downloaded this PDF. It reminds me of exactly what I don't like about .txt based tab. I can't tell whether the author is trying to notate bends or slides and I can never get a sense of tempo. I'm running out at lunch to buy the one CD I've been able to track down with this song on it and give it a go with the tab and my ear. I can't stand buying a CD of songs I already have just to get the one song I don't... :cry:

Anyone have the chart? The PDF doesn't give the changes.
    "Aw, that's just pillow talk baby!"
    I downloaded this PDF. It reminds me of exactly what I don't like about .txt based tab. I can't tell whether the author is trying to notate bends or slides and I can never get a sense of tempo. I'm running out at lunch to buy the one CD I've been able to track down with this song on it and give it a go with the tab and my ear. I can't stand buying a CD of songs I already have just to get the one song I don't... :cry:

Anyone have the chart? The PDF doesn't give the changes.
    musicchik83
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    You could try this:
    whendaydone.gif
    Thanks Jack!

Just got back with my CD (for this one song! :evil: ) and after work, it's time for the torment to begin. You know, whole why can't I get this to sound right and it's too fast, and maybe I should burn my guitar thing.
    Consider this a progress report.

Alright, I've got the intro (still having trouble playing that fast chromatic run up to speed) and the first chorus of the solo. The second chorus is a little sketchy. In the transcription it's got tremelo picking on the high e, 17th, fret; but when I slow it down, I hear the 17th fret descend chromatically (and not very cleanly) down to the 12 fret which is not notated. Theres a few other spots in there that are not very clear as well. The tablature is a bit tough rhythmically, as pauses and sustained notes seemed to be ignored in favor of squeezing the tab into one page choruses. You have to follow along with your ears/recording.

Silly complaints really, but because the first chorus came so easily and was fairly accurate, I'm getting really frustrated learning the second.

I'd been practicing alot on my archtop lately and when I went back to my Gitane, I had to get used to the fret markers and high action all over again!