DjangoBooks.com

Ferre Brothers DVD

nwilkinsnwilkins New
edited July 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 431
Hi there - could Michael or someone else hwo has seen it post a review of the Ferre Brothers DVD from DFNW? I am thinking about getting it and I'm just wondering what's on it - is it just their performance at the festival? How is the camera work and sound? Thanks,

Nick

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I actually haven't had a chance to watch it yet. However, I was there when it was filmed and it was an AWESOME show!!

'm
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    Hi Nick,

The DVD is well worth every penny. Actually I think it's cheap at the price.

It is a well put together package that includes full concert video of their DFNW 2004 Sunday night (?) performance, video of a workshop given by Boulou and Elios at DFNW 2004, a textual biography of the Ferre(t) family by Michael Dregni, and possibly one other extra that I can't remember right now.

The performance itself was amazing. Most people in the theater left converted to the "Ferre way" for life. The guitarists in the crowd were more slack-jawed than I've ever seen.

The only criticism I have of the DVD is the slightly inferior video quality of the concert itself. I believe it is due to the concert being filmed in the available low-light conditions of the theater. This leaves the video not quite as crisp as one would hope. I also made the mistake of watching the concert right after viewing the video of the workshops, which were shot in well lit conditions, making the comparison more glaring. Given the amount of equipment and expense used on the project I can only assume that this was the best picture quality that could be had under the circumstances. And I can easily live with it for many, many viewings.

The camera work, sound, and editing are all great quality.

It is a professional presentation of a spectacular concert.

I would recommend the immediate purchase with hesitation.
    If you are a Ferre Bros fan you've already waited too long.

Troy
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    thanks for the replies guys - the DVD is on its way to me right now :)