DjangoBooks.com

Playing the Pigalle

Hi youse guys,

I have had several inquiries on the Dell'Arte Pigalle model, including how it plays and sounds. For those still curious, here is an impromptu video I just did for Valentines Day (in my New Hampshire living room, so production values aren't all that great.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=52225190

Hope this helps!
Bill
www.billbarnestrio.com
"Listen to this, it speaks like a cathedral!"- Django, on the Selmer (from Michael Dregni's Django, the Life and Music of a Gypsy Legend)

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hey Bill,
    Very nice playing!! I loved it.

That guitar seems to have a very healthy treble response, How does it handle jams?
    Really good to see you playing, give us more.

Best,
    Enrique.
  • Bill BarnesBill Barnes New HampshireNew
    Hey Enrique, good to hear from you! As far as jams, it's hard to say- the mids and upper register are loud enough, but I'd like to hear a bit more resonance in the lower fundimentals. Otherwise, I enjoy the Pigalle.

All the best,
    Bill

P.S. You going to Samois again this year?
    Bill
    www.billbarnestrio.com
    "Listen to this, it speaks like a cathedral!"- Django, on the Selmer (from Michael Dregni's Django, the Life and Music of a Gypsy Legend)
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I tend to like guitars with lots of highs... sounds more to me like the early Django records which is my ideal tone, would love someday to try an original Selmer Macaferri 12 fret D-hole.

P.S. Yes i'm going man! Wouldn't miss it for anything!
    I got my ticket and everything, really hope to see you there.