DjangoBooks.com

Rodrigo Shopis Guitars

Comments

• aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    Rodrigo is the only luthier in NY who gets these guitars. He made a D-hole for Dorado a couple of years ago that was screaming loud.. He really cares about the work, and will make sure that the job is done right when it comes to repairs. Best kept secret when it comes to Northeast luthiers.. :)
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Another important thing about rodrigo is that he's so friendly and easy to deal with. A very honest and professional man!
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    I've known and played Rodigo's guitars for a number of years and and I can say they are concert quality instruments made for the accomplished player. That said I am humbled to be able to own one of these guitars (I will be receiving it this weekend)and it is an instrument far beyond my present, very modest abilities!!! Rodrigo is a great guy with a sterling character and an ear for this style of music. He made the guitar to my exact specifications but also worked with me to educate my ear and my understanding of all that goes into the process. He delivered the guitar in the exact time he said he would , just under 6.5 months. He is also currently making two others for a friend of mine and a Jazz model for Samson Schmitt.
    If you are impatient for a guitar there are loads of luthier guitars for sale used and the usual potpouri of Asian made Gitanes and Manouche, all quite hit or miss. A custom luthier built instrument takes at least six months or more as far as I know. Shelly Park close to a year, Favino even longer. Collins made me wait over a year and the guitar was sub standard. I also know that Rodrigo makes each guitar individually himself from start to finish. Hope this helps. I advise to get in the queue now before the wait gets longer.
    Charlie
    charlie
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Just because Rodrigo is such a nice bloke, and his guitars are stunning, and well priced, I wanted to chime in and add my support to his other fans. Great guy- great guitars. I hope he gets the kind of attention he truly deserves.
  • jmaszlejmaszle New
    I am about to join the queue myself for a Dal'Artagnan/Favino style guitar. Rodrigo's guitars are gorgeous and powerful instruments. He puts his all into each piece. I am dying to own one.
    Jimmy
    I look forward to your review Charlie. I was thinking of Favino but the wait is so long. I was hoping to find a decent used Favino but difficult to find not cracked up or bad condition. Heard good things for rodrigo guitars and saw video of samson playing. Can you post pictures of your guitar?
    Vlad
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    Rodrigo is delivering the guitar on Sunday night. I will try to post some pictures of it soon and a review after playing it a while.

Good luck.

C
    charlie
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    vladmartek wrote:
    I look forward to your review Charlie. I was thinking of Favino but the wait is so long. I was hoping to find a decent used Favino but difficult to find not cracked up or bad condition. Heard good things for rodrigo guitars and saw video of samson playing. Can you post pictures of your guitar?
    Vlad

Vlad,

I've seen a couple Jacques Favinos for sale in Europe. Have you seen these?

http://www.oldies-guitars.com/manouch.htm

http://www.leguitariste.fr/Occasions/Gipsy+jazz.html
    yes... I have seen both of these. They are not good condition or too much expensive. I like Rodrigo Guitars because the value also of Euro/Dollar exchange. Rodrigos Favino style guitar is a good deal for a custom made guitar of quality. Approximately 2700 euros.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Quite probably, the Favino at Oldies was built by Jean Pierre Favino not Jacques...