DjangoBooks.com

Rodrigo Shopis Guitars

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the luthier Rodrigo Shopis? I heard Sampson Schmitt play one of his guitars and would like to contact him.
Joseph

Comments

• artillerie_lourdeartillerie_lourde Across the PondNew
    Here's his website

http://www.rodrigoshopis.com/
    Neville
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Being a wood fetishist, those guitars simply make me salivating... :D
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Rodrigo is as nice a guy as you'd ever want to meet. He comes to Django in June every year, and usually brings one or more of his creations. Join the fun and you'll have a whole week to try his guitars and talk with him about what you are looking for.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting my new Favino style guitar from Rodrigo next week... the D'Artagnan Model made to my exact specs. Rodrigo is an amazing luthier and repairman. I will post a full review of this guitar after I get it.
    Charlie
    charlie
  • jmaszlejmaszle New
    I have been so impressed with his guitars. I first heard Dorado and Samson play them a couple of years ago at Djangofest in NYC and then later on at Birdland. They are exquisitely made and the finish is the lightest and finest I have ever seen. I understand he uses a similar method to violin finishing. His attention to detail in the choice of wood, joints and details are gorgeous. I am looking forward to having him make me a Jazz Model Charlie Christian hybrid. I understand he is presently making the same guitar for Samson this spring.
    Jimmy
    Thank you all for your help. I love the gallery on his website. I am in love with the Charlie Christian Model. Rodrigo emailed me the details and I am going to meet with him in April when he says Sampson's guitar will be finished.

Joseph
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Rodrigo is as nice a guy as you'd ever want to meet. He comes to Django in June every year, and usually brings one or more of his creations. Join the fun and you'll have a whole week to try his guitars and talk with him about what you are looking for.

As a matter of fact, Michael, I have recently been in touch with Rodrigo, Josh Hegg and Bob Holo about offering one or more clinics at Django in June this year on Selmac building, maintenance and repair. No firm plans yet, but as you say, having these guys around for several days without tapping into their collective experience is just a wasted opportunity.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    djangoinjune.com
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Outstanding, Andrew! That's alot of talent at the front of that class! I'd say that my cheque is on the way, but you already have it. :wink:
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    AWESOME!

Craig
    I am very interested in Rodrigo's guitars. Can anyone give me a review? I know there is a wait of 8 months or so. They look very beautiful and I have heard good things about them.
    Vlad