DjangoBooks.com

Audio-Technica AT8418 Unimount Microphone Instrument Mount

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The Unimount can be used as a removable internal mic! Drastically cuts down on feedback...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Michael, I'm trying this on my new Rodrigo Shopis D hole with good results. It's really easy to mount on a D hole (in fact, practically EVERYTHING is easier with a D hole). Which way do you have the business end of the mike facing? I can't tell from the photo.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Benny,

I tried using it with the mic facing the endpin, but tilted towards the lower treble bout. Seemed to sound nice that way.

Good luck!

'm
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Thanks, Michael. It just so happens that is the way I was trying it as well, with good results so far, at least in the living room. I'll give it a try for real this weekend.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles