new gallato angelo debarre 1939- 2008

2»

Comments

• simplygoodmusicsimplygoodmusic Rome, ItalyNew
    Great vids!
  • spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
    :)))))))))))))
    I see someone taught you good....
    Anyway, i think people would like to see you here also...Maybe we could arrange something?

i see you got some blues there, i especially like this minimalistic chord solo, crazy!! dont know why but reminds me of freddy king, who probably has nothing to do with it...
    spiro wrote:
    :)))))))))))))
    I see someone taught you good....
    Anyway, i think people would like to see you here also...Maybe we could arrange something?

i see you got some blues there, i especially like this minimalistic chord solo, crazy!! dont know why but reminds me of freddy king, who probably has nothing to do with it...

:D

Freddy King? You know he was a Texan, too. :wink:
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    spiro wrote:
    People, what do you think of me putting 0.11 on my gallato, and changing the bridge into a rosewood one?

I received my Gallato 1939 oval hole a few months ago, also from gypsyguitars.de. Norman Ort was very helpful. Norman threw in two sets of 11s. When I asked him about this, he said he ships all his GJ guitars with 11s, and 90% of his sales are 11s. I've been using them on the Gallato for while now. The sound is great, and it is still quite easy to play.

If you decide to change the bridge, be aware that the bridge (at least on mine) is 1/2" wide (as opposed to the usual 9/16"), as are the moustaches.

I echo everything you said about it. Very dry, crisp sound, not a lot of bass but strong in the mids and nice highs. The action was too low for me when it arrived, but there was an extra higher bridge in the case.

My luthier went over the guitar and was quite impressed with the build quality, attention to detail, nice glue joints, etc. With a few years of playing, it should turn into a really good instrument. Not a Dupont, by any means, but a very good guitar for the price.

If anyone is interested in one, and you live outside the EU, ask the seller for a non-VAT price. You should not have to pay VAT.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles