DjangoBooks.com

Coming through Seattle and Portland with a swing band....

Jared EngelJared Engel Brooklyn, NYNew
edited August 2008 in Welcome Posts: 11
Hey Django people.

Jared Engel, former Wrembel bassist here. I'm currently on tour playing the banjo with a swing band from New Orleans called the Loose Marbles. I'll post a video clip below. We're playing at a bunch of swing dance events over the next week in Seattle and Portland, and I thought I'd let y'all know about it. Also in the band is another former member of the Wrembel trio, David Langlois on washboard.

To see our schedule check http://www.myspace.com/brucemarvel . If there's any jam sessions happening I'd love to know about it, please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> . Also, we have Friday the 8th off while we're in Portland and we're looking for some sort of performance opportunity. If you have a gig and you want us to open or something like that let me know. Thanks, hope to see some of you this week.

-Jared

Comments

• richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    That vid is just the coolest thing I've seen or heard in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    It was fun talking to you at the portland lindy exchange. :-) The music sounded great! -Jon
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    Jared
    Your myspace listed has been yanked...whassup with that?

RD