DjangoBooks.com

Your own Super Djangofest!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited May 2005 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Okay, if you were putting on a fantasy Djangofest with six acts and money wasn't a problem, who would they be? The only limitations are 1) the performers have to be living; and 2) you get to pick two international acts, two national acts, and two local act.

My picks: Fapy and Raphael Fays; Tony Green and Dave Biller; Django's Tiger ... and Mango fan Django (of course!)

How about yours?

A.E.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    A.E. Cool topic. Mine would be- Bireli and Angelo Debarre, Dave Biller and Stephane Wremble My Local acts would be Tony Green and Pretty Boy Freud ( That is about as local as it gets for me unless I could put a band togther. Gives me a way to work all those guys on one bill)
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    How 'bout:

Koen De Cauter, Boulou Ferre, Dave Biller, Stephane Wremble, and for the local acts...hmm...don't know too many. Perhaps Trio Gonzalo and The Hot Club Quartette.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    International: Jimmy Rosenberg, Stochelo Rosenberg
    National: Gonzalo, Stephane Wrembel
    Local: Tony Green, and Dave Biller!

My list kicks the most ass!
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    International:
    Frederic Belinsky; Ninine Garcia

National:
    Häns´che Weiß & Titi Winterstein Reunion :shock:

Local:
    Douce Ambiance
    Ottorino Freier

Best,
    Barengero
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    International

Rosenberg 3 (Mozes Rosenberg group)
    Wawau Adler

National

well... i'm in Canada... so let's just pretend it's the same as the US ...i'd get Stephane Wrembel, and the Hotclub swingtette (AMAZING group from Toronto, the guitar player has been studying with fapy for the past 5 yrs)

local

there's a group called fortin leveille, that play django style music with classical guitars and they play with fingers... they do it quite well and they have a mean accordeonist.... for the other group, i'll break the rule and bring my buddies the ritary ensemble in ....
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    speaking of Mozes... it would be cool if i could buy that CD called "Stochelo Rosenberg, Mozes Rosenberg - Ready'n Able" in the U.S. Does anyone have it?
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    If you mean the very latest recordings by Stochelo and Mozes, I don't think it has been officially released yet. Leo Eimer was telling me about it. (On the otherhand, if you mean an older recording that I am not aware of, please excuse my buttzinski act)

A.E.
  • AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Waso Quartet
    Pigalle 44

John Jorgenson
    Tom Waits

Tony Green
    Musette Guitars

/OK, I cheated with the Tom Waits thing
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Ando, no need to cheat - Marc Ribot has done some hotclub style stuff (I've heard concerts in NY advertised), so you could invite him and a "guest vocalist".
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    If you mean the very latest recordings by Stochelo and Mozes, I don't think it has been officially released yet. Leo Eimer was telling me about it. (On the otherhand, if you mean an older recording that I am not aware of, please excuse my buttzinski act)

It's out: Ready'n Able can be ordered from fnac.com or amazon.fr. I got mine a few weeks ago from Fnac and I'm listening to it as I write this - and I'll continue listening to it for quite a while, it's great!

We have played I Will Wait for You with Jazz Partout for about a year, and have often wondered, why there's no GJ-style recording of this marvellous melody. Now it's on Ready'n Able as well as on Ninine's new record.

kimmo