DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

JoyceZ21is Julien Jenze

Grover tuners on a Saga/Gitane

I finally gave up on the stock tuners on my 255 (the plain stings wore grooves in the string posts, allowing the strings to slip), and obtained a set of Grover H97-18 Sta-Tite tuners as replacements. They seem to be a well constructed tuner for the money and have an 18:1 ratio, etc. I just wanted to put the word out for anyone considering this product that the string posts are longer than the originals, and modifications are necessary. The D and G string posts interfere with each other, and the tuners won't both mount flush without grinding about 2mm off of each post. It wasn't difficult: I mounted the tuner in a 1/2" piece of maple (with a hole drilled for the post) about one inch wide by six inches long to have something to hold onto. I then held the tuner post end to the belt grinder at a slight angle, and quickly spun the post with a hand crank for an even bevel on the end. It added about twenty minutes to my installation time. I wonder if the Schaller or Gotoh tuners for slotted headstock are the same?
chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp...
BlueSkies