DjangoBooks.com

positive feedback

Matthias LenzMatthias Lenz Lucklum, GermanyNew
edited May 2008 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 101
Hi Michael,

Just yesterday (I´ve been doing the patterns VERY slowly and diligently for two weeks now) I was overwhelmed finding out that after several hours of "play and relax", this technique also has GREAT impact on my fingerstyle playing (which I make a living of as a solo artist). I play with a thumbpick and bare fingers (mostly Travis-Picking), and my hand was so overall relaxed that I had the time of my life finding out that even my "Boom-Chick" has gotten more swing to it. Feels really loose and bounces around like crazy, also a lot more precision and drive for the thumb going on, guess it comes from now getting used to hitting the strings "from out of nowhere".
I really didn´t expect that at all, because at the start I was worried if practicing excessively with a flatpick again would lead to neglection of my thumbpick-technique. Now I find it´s the other way around, it just improves my fingerstyle as well !!!

thank you for taking the technique from over the big pond and sending it back to Europe in form of these good, good books.

I hope you´re doing fine, and I wish you all the best !!!

Matthias

Comments