DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

marc4045 Samthedjangologist joshco61 Trudolf

K&K Pure Macaferri pickups?

mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
Anyone have any experience with this K&K pickup? It mounts two transducers, one under the moustache on each side of the bridge?

Thanks!

Comments

• Dr. HallDr. Hall Green Bay, WisconsinNew
    I have the K&K Pure Macaferri system in my Gitane DG-320 and love it. It produces a very natural, hollow, acoustic sound, so much so that I've quit using microphones for live playing and even use a signal from the K&K for one track when recording to achieve a nice balance. Drilling the end-pin jack hole was a bit scary, but it turned out well in my case. If you superglue the piezos like I did, the signal is really hot. It doesn't need a pre-amp, but in a couple of tight venues where feedback might have been an issue, I used a 10-band MXR equalizer pedal to dial out the frequencies that were feeding back without sacrificing too much of the lows or mids. I have also been able to run a line directly from the K&K through a direct box into pa systems with very good results. I'd highly recommend this system. It's way more natural sounding than a Big Tone, and it beats the daylights out of clip-on microphones which feed back readily.
    -Stefan
  • mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
    Did you have a problem getting inside the soundhole to do the installation? I've heard great things about K&K's other pickups, so your review doesn't surprise me at all. Thanks for the info!
  • Dr. HallDr. Hall Green Bay, WisconsinNew
    I didn't have a problem. The DG-320 is the large D-hole Jorgenson model. I think it might be a bit of a challenge with a petit bouche but have not tried to install the k&K on one of those yet.
    -Stefan