DjangoBooks.com

Question to Michael - Gypsy Rhythm vol 2 & 3

Jens Di PulversJens Di Pulvers Stockholm, SwedenNew
edited August 2013 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 2
First of all, I really enjoy Gypsy Rhythm vol.1.
Thanks for the great work :D

Now to the question:
Have you any release day for vol 2 & 3?

Greetings from Tony, Stockholm Sweden

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes....I hope to finish Vol.2 this year. It's basically done....just needs some editing. All I need is the time to do it....hard with 2 little kids running around!!

Glad you like the book...

-Michael
    Any update on the release of vols. 2 and 3? I have really enjoyed vol. 1 and I would like to get into Gypsy ballads, boleros and waltzes in a more systematic way (right now I play such rhythms by ear, but I am sure I miss a lot of the subtleties). 8)
    hard to say....I'm so ridiculously busy doing everything to keep this site going. It's really tough to find time work on the books....and the other rhythm books are basically done. They just need CDs and editing.

I'm hoping to have a little time this Spring.

'm
  • wheelieswheelies New
    Hi Michael,
    How are Gypsy Rhythm 2 & 3 coming along? I get the feeling that due to the rampant copying and "sharing" of the last few books we might never see the unpublished works make it on to the market...
    I hope I am wrong though...
    I am still loving Vol 1. which has to be the most comprehensive tome ever produced on the subject of rhythm guitar.
    Stephan
    Yes, the rise of Internet piracy removed a lot of the small incentive there was to produce these books for such a small market. However, the other two volumes are pretty well done but just need some editing and also need the CDs recorded. It's more of a time issue, but I hope to finish them up.

Thanks for your interest!

Michael
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4
    Just saying @MichaelHorowitz , I can't wait till you release volume 2…. very much looking forward to it and I'm sure many others are too :)
    MichaelHorowitz
    @ktindal_15 I can't wait either! I have Vol 2 and Vol 3 sitting on my hard drive, 95% done. I just haven't had any time since 2007 or so to finish them. If someone could run DjangoBooks for 6 months for me, then I could get these books done... ;)
  • husyhusy Seattle✭✭✭
    Michael, just release them (or only Vol2) 95% done.

Trust me, you won't have problems with your readership absorbing all the knowledge in the methods on day one and complaining about the missing 5%.
    @husy I know, I just need to finish it! :cry:
  • jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
    Michael, I've got to say that seeing everyone beg you to complete and release Vol. 2 & 3 has done enough to convince me that I NEED to get Vol. 1 :D Now that's just good marketing right there... ;)
    MichaelHorowitz