DjangoBooks.com

Samois 2008, where to stay?

TollundmandenTollundmanden DenmarkNew
edited April 2008 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 34
Hi. I'm planning a trip to Samois 2008 and I'm wondering where to stay during the festival. It looks like there are two different campsites; Petit Barbeau and Samarau Municiple, which one is closest to the festival and which one would you recommend?

We'll be bringing a caravan and a car, but I'll suppose both sites will accommodate that?

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    samoreau is where all the "big stars" hang out and jam but le petit barbeau is much closer to the festival.

if you have a car it's easy to get to either campsites
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    when I went to Samois '06 I didn't have a car and I managed to get a ride a few times but you have to be a borderline athlete (like me) to be walking to and from the campsite at Samoreau to the Festival. You wouldnt want to do the walk carrying a guitar with you ( I didnt). 2-4km is too far for that I think. there was a small campsite just down the street from the festival island but I don't know anything at all about that campsite... thats probably the one Dennis is talking about?

I stayed in a little B&B in Thomery (6km from Samorau and 8km from Samois). That was a fun walk ( i did it twice) but I wouldn't do it again. LOL Fontainbleau would be a far better place to stay than Thomery if you were going to get a hotel because there is a little bus that goes to Samois from there.

Of course, staying somewhere in Samoreau or Samois would be better but I didn't know what the hell I was doing. LOL
  • steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    i stayed in barbeau in 07 and it's very handy and right beside the festival but if i had have known before the festival that most of the big name players where at samorau i would have tried to stay there. that's not to say there wasn't a lot of good jamming going on in barbeau either.