DjangoBooks.com

My Wegen gave me a Wedgie

13»

Comments

• HemertHemert Prodigy
    Yes, Stochelo uses a 1.8 Big city pick; he also uses electric guitar strings on his Selmer. At least he did 6 months ago; maybe he changed to Galli strings now. I'll ask him tomorrow when we're performing!

Nous'che by the way uses a very thick pick (which was like 80 bucks!!), which is part of his massive sound. He has two of those picks and he protects them with his life.

He told me a funny story last week when we were playing some very fast tunes in a row. At one point during heavy rhythm works he loses the feel in his fingers, to the point even that he can't feel the plectrum any longer. To keep making sure he has something in his hand he keeps regripping it to try and feel it. Sometimes this regripping goes on forever and drives him utterly insane! I thought this was hilarious.
  • Hemert

Perhpas you could suggest to Nous'che that he see someone about the loss of feeling. It sounds to me like the early stages of a Repetitive Strain Injury. :shock:

Massage Therapist, Chiropractor or some such. Attached is a link to musicians health. I have a buddy who got so bad that he couldn't hold a pick for the whole evening. They would fly out of his hand. Not good for a touring musician.

http://www.musicianshealth.com/default.htm :wink:

PS The Blue chip 2mm picks that I had custom made are working out very well. I have one for Stochelo to try when he comes to DFNW
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Jazzaferri,

That sounds serious! And to think we had a good laugh about it. He told me it only happend when he has to play a very, very fast tune for a loooooooooong time. I'll see him saturday and talk about it though.

And I'll tell Stochelo about the custom made chip. Do you know each other?
  • I met him at DFNW almost two years ago. My French was worse than his
    English. He had on his Donkervoort car jacket and me being a fast car nut I asked him if he had bought one.... nothing much memorable so I doubt he would remember.

I think he will be interested in the Blue Chip. Quietest and fastest pick I have ever used and there are a number of other North American players including some of the best who agree.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed