DjangoBooks.com

Hot Club Mexico

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
edited September 2008 in International Posts: 1,379
Hello,
I just added a few songs to our my space site, we recorded them with a zoom H4 and everything's live from a gig we did last week.
They are by no means perfect... mistakes here and there and the beginning of "Out of nowhere" was sort of shaky... but we had a lot of fun and I thought I'd share them with you.

Hope you like them!
http://www.myspace.com/hotclubmexico

Enrique.
PS The last song "A smooth one" is from another recording we did a while back, not very good but I kinda like the feel it has.

Comments

Just kicked off Minor Swing ... wow! :shock: Some swinging hot playing!

How do you use the Zoom ... onboard mics, ran in some mics, etc?

Looking forward to listening to the rest. 8)
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thanks man! Glad you liked it.

My brother just bought the Zoom so Saturday's gig was its first run...we used the onboard mics with the foam protector and set it on a tripod on a chair in the center of the first row. I believe he used the default settings.

The sax was unamplified, I used my Dupont Nomade/Bigtone/AER and the rhythm guitars were both Gitane D 500s one (the most prominent) with a Basik and one with a Shure SM58 plugged into a Laney AC30. My dad sang into that same mic for I can`t give you. The bass has a Realist pickup into a Galien Krueger.
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    I am blown away by the sound clips. You guys sound great and I look foward to hearing more. The guitar playing is very refreshing and sounds exceptional. Do you guys have a US tour any time soon?

Thanks
    WowBobWow,
    Thanks for the kind words.

We'd love to play in the USA someday but there's nothing planned for now... If things go well and gigs keep rolling in maybe we can meet at DFNW or something like that and jam!
    Here's a song from a gig we did yesterday.
    I hope you like it and I appreciate your comments, I added a few more to our myspace page as well.
    Thanks.
    I deleted the other tracks from here because they were taking forever to load...
    If you want to, you can still check them out at myspace.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Nice playing Enrique...you've got some hot licks there.

~R
    Thanks Robert!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    enrique, your band sounds really fantastic, very high level of musicianship!
    Thanks a lot Denis!