DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

FabriceS Silvano

Mystery Guitar and a cheap pick up

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Anastasio, Godefroy Maruejouls
Hello all, just joined this is my first post so forgive me if I lose coherency.

Two things I bought off ebay recently might interest you the first is a mag pick up, made by Pe-Ge whoever they are, very old never used and intended to be fitted to the fingerboard. I removed the brackets and hold it in place with blu-tack. The beauty of it is it has adjustable pole pieces.
Sound wise I have no idea how it compares with a Stimer or Miller but I do know it compares well with a vintage Framus p/up & scratchplate combination I own. All of this for £6.00 or $12.00 bucks. Sound depends on amplification but good results so far from a Roland Cube and my PA system. Please note this is attached to a Richwood selmac copy - heresy to some maybe, but it got me started. Here's the pickup

Secondly I just bought this guitar. No maker listed but the seller stated that it was Italian, had a 26.64" scale length and was made in the 50/60s
- which looks about right.
Does anyone recognise it or have any thoughts - other than you must be mad to by on sight only ?

I look forward to any replies :P
always learning