DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Violins cds - Indispensable Ones!

gypsydreamgypsydream Liverpool, UKNew
edited March 2008 in Violin Posts: 20
Which are the albums -featuring gypsy jazz violin, that I must have in my collection?

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    I'm a GJ violin fan. I don't have much of a collection of GJ featuring violin, but some of my favorites are
    • Stephane Grappellie: Shades of Django 1975. The guitar playing is not so good, but Stephane is at the top of his game and he is clearly in charge. Of course there is all of Stephane's work with the HCoF which has to be at the top of anyone's list.
    • Titi Winterstein: Djinee tu Kowa Ziro (great guitar playing by Lulu Reinhardt and Hans'che Weiss). I'm a big Titi Winterstein fan.
    • Florin Niculescu: Any of the Gypsy Project recordings
    • Schnuckenack Reinhardt: Any of the Musik Deutscher Zigeuner recordings. Historically, I like Snookie, but I find I don't listen to him much.
    • Charles Wizen: Jazz a Cordes, w/ Raphael Fays on guitar. Another good one w/ Wizen is a collection of mp3s with Serge Krief you will probably still find on the internet if you look.
    • Charles Roman: La Verdine, group name: Latcho Drom, Christophe Lartilleux. Love this guy.
    • Ola Kvernberg w/ Angelo Debarre on Angelo is Back in Town.
    Somebody STOP ME! There is a violin section in the CDs section of the Djangobooks store.

Craig