DjangoBooks.com

New Youtube Video's of Pigalle 44

A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
edited March 2008 in Welcome Posts: 217
Jeroen sent me the video's he produced of a Reinier Voet, Jan Brouwer in Pigalle 44 recorded and filmed in April 2007 Amsterdam...
Please visit and enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shoebox08productions
Great Dearmond sound Reinier gets!
A.K.

Comments

• Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Alan,
    This is it for me, absolutely, drop dead, swinging! And oh yeah, there's a sax in there.....sacre bleu!
    I'm checkjing alll the other posts for Pigalle 44...........defintiely something to aspire to.
    Thank you, thank you!
    Ernie
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Sorry A.K.
    Alex, not Alan........I know too many Alans.
    Ernie
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Yeah,
    Jan is a good acquaintance that got me really into this GJ stuff.
    Gotta love Reinier's sound, the filming, arrangements et al...
    Say Hi to Dan and all the cats back east for me...
    Best,

A.K.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Tasty stuff - Billie Holiday would have loved it.

David Langenes of the Stolen Sweets (a fellow Portlander) sent me a note here a few days back. They'd just arrived in Amsterdam to begin their Europe tour - spent the first night jamming with Reinier & Jan & (darned it... bass player's name escapes just now)

They really enjoyed it - he said they were great musicians and extremely nice gents. I hope they come back though... if they like it too much over there they might stay and Portland would miss them.

;)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    After watching the other youtube posts, I was rather amused to find a comment for their Douce Ambiance take which said......."If the guitar player on the left did more Rosenberg tricks and licks, this would have been outstanding!"
    If that guy wanted to see Rosenberg's tricks and licks, then go see Stochello......why measure everybody else's playing/improv on somebody else's recoding!
    These folks swing, maybe not authentic, but it's premiere calibere music.
    I'm ready for the Gadjo Geriatrique Asylum!
    Ernie
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    After watching the other youtube posts, I was rather amused to find a comment for their Douce Ambiance take which said......."If the guitar player on the left did more Rosenberg tricks and licks, this would have been outstanding!"
    If that guy wanted to see Rosenberg's tricks and licks, then go see Stochello......why measure everybody else's playing/improv on somebody else's recoding!
    These folks swing, maybe not authentic, but it's premiere calibere music.
    I'm ready for the Gadjo Geriatrique Asylum!
    Ernie