DjangoBooks.com

What strings for a DG-320...

...would be recommended?

Thanks

Comments

• Dr. HallDr. Hall Green Bay, WisconsinNew
    I have used Argentine reds and Galli V/27 silk and steels on my DG-320. The Argentines make the guitar really loud and are good for acoustic playing. The Gallis are much easier on the fingers and have a warmer sound that I prefer when I amplify the guitar.

I prefer .011 - .047 guaged sets. I have tried .010 . . . sets from various manufacturers and have been a bit disappointed in both the treble range of the guitar which gets a bit plinky and the bass end which gets a bit slappy. .011s give a fuller treble end and deeper bass end. I tried a set of Lenzner .012s once, and the acoustic tone was great, but the tension was a bit too much for playability and the high E broke within a week or so.

-Stefan
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    I also use 11s, Argentines. I prefer the higher string tension BUT I think 10s sound better and brighter for lead playing (I tried em on it once but the neck moved too much on me so I went back to the 11s). Overall this guitar should be used with 11s, at least thats what Jorgenson told me when I asked him about it. People have told me it sounds better with them, especially for rhythm. Its your choice though.
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    I have one and am perfectly happy with Argentine 10s. Heck try 'em all though. You never know what may suprise you and be great for you.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I like the 11s. 10s just to light for me on the E and B.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    One of the pleasures of learning to play this music comes from the discovery of what the different types of string, and picks adds to the sound.
    Argentine .010 s are the most often used - I use them primarily.
    But, you might like to try the D'Addario 0.10s because they feel like they have a little more tension than the Argentine 0.10s. I haven't scientifically measured the tensions. Feels like something between the 0.10s and the 0.11s.
    Try everything, because most have some positive aspect to offer.
    Every time I put on a fresh set of strings, or a different brand, I feel like I've got a new guitar.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks for all the replies. Hmmmmm....I guess I'll have to get an assortment!
  • HonsicHonsic Czech RepublicNew
    Do you know somebody what strings and picks usually uses great players as Stochelo, Romane, Bireli, Angelo and others ???
  • HonsicHonsic Czech RepublicNew
    I prefer .011 Argentines or Galii for loud tone and good playability.