DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Guitar Masters DVD?

A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
edited October 2007 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 217
Can anyone tell me what guitars Stochelo and Romane are playing in this DVD?
What sound hole mic's are they using...(Doesn't look like Beta 98's)
I also noticed the bridge on Stochelo guitar has a unique flat bottom between the bridge feet. Plus the bridge pickup has what appears to be a BigTone with the jack mounted to the tail piece rather than through the end pin...

Thanks,

A.K.

Great DVD...

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    Allin

I recall somebody saying those mics were the Audio-Technica AT831b. I recently bought one, it sounds great through my Schertler, it's a wonderful blend with the BigTone.

I cant confirm, as I have not seen the video you mention, so its second-hand info.

Hope your doing well!

-Chuck
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Does anyone know how or if you can access English subtitles for the documentatry part of this DVD? thanks, Phil
  • FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    I'm pretty sure Romane is playing his Dupont VR. Not sure if Stochelo is playing his Selmer or his Eimer. There is a part in the extra section of the DVD where they are talking about their guitars. If someone here understands French, they probably mention the make of their guitars there.
    -fopa