DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy's J'attendrai superlick

xavxav New
edited April 2009 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 20
Here's a Jimmy enclosure pattern over the first four measures of J'atendrai from the Hotclub de Norvege: Swinging with Jimmy album.

Happens around 1m 10

I'm working on the one from the recent hungaria video which is along the same lines.

As always, any fingerings, corrections or suggestions are welcome.
If anyone has advice on extending these chord enclosure licks beyond outlining the major arpeggio I'd be very interested to hear them...

Cheers
Xav

Comments

• xavxav New
    Here's the one from his recent Hungaria video

Something funny is going on with the timing, thus the bar of 1/4 and i messed up the rhythm but you should get the idea.

Enjoy
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Thanks for posting this bro, had a tough time with a few of the notes in the middle of this lick.....big help! I got it now.... now if I could just get it up to speed ;)
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I like Tchavalo's J'Attendrai version better, but you got me to listen to Jimmys.
  • synapticrumblesynapticrumble dallas, txNew
    Thanks for that post. I am at work now, but can't wait to go home and check your audio post and pdfs.

Gypsy Jazz rocks !
    Gypsy Jazz Enthusiast
    Long Live Django's Music !
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Great stuff. Thanks for the post.

Could you repost the audio clips as mp3 so I can slow them down? :-)
    Hi Bones:- If you need it in mp3 format You could play the file on your computer and record it using Audacity - free multitrack recording programme, really good (set the input to Stereo Mix to record from your sound card, under preferences). You can then export it from Audacity as an mp3, or just change the speed within audacity itself.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks!