Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Today's Birthdays

MitziDambr MerediDeas geese_com nico031

Related Discussions

Who's Online (3)

• Andrew Ulle 2:29PM
  • Scoredog 2:29PM
  • WmTBallard 2:29PM

Bigtone volume issues

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
I'm testing a bigtone bridge on my dell arte.

I just slapped it on and hard wired an input jack to hang off the side of the bridge for evaluation before I start drilling holes. When I plug it in through my Schertler Unico, the output is very low. I literally have to crank both the channel and master volumes to max before I can get anything that is louder than the guitar itself. I doubt it would hold up in a noisy bar. Anyone else eperince this and know of a solution?

Also, the tone coming out of it is very high end and brash. Is there anything I can do about that, setup-wise?

-v

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Could it have anything to do with how you're setting your amp? I play a bigtone through a David and have no trouble in bars...maybe check how the input is set up (if the Unico is like the David, the Stat line has a couple of options depending on what you're plugging in), and also the low/mid/high settings. I know on mine it seems to make a big difference in the overall volume-if those are set low, the volume seems very low as well.

Good luck!
    Jack.
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    which input are you using on your David? Is it Microphone?

I get varying tonal results on the dyn input, the stat and line. However, all are too quiet. The only one I havent tried is mic because that channel is broken on my amp.

However, when I plug into my fender tube amp, there is no volume issue. It plays loud and clear (and actually sounds pretty good, though not very "acoustic" in nature).
    I'm on the Stat line...there's also a button on that channel that gets switched depending on what you're plugging in (guitar vs. cd player, etc). Maybe check there?

best,
    Jack.
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help Jack, it turned out to be a combination of things. Here's how I got it working up to par:

Unico Amp
    -Plug into Stat input
    -Make sure that the 10V switch is off
    -Make sure that the "Warm" switch is off

The pickup sounds weak in the dyn-g channel, which isn't built for anything else at any rate.
    That all sounds right (and familiar)! The Warm switch in particular really cuts the volume, I find...but once you get everything set right the Schertlers sound great!

best,
    Jack.