DjangoBooks.com

Montagne Sainte-Geneviève

YannYann Luxembourg (Old Europe)New
edited September 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 47
Hi,

I made transcriptions of a few waltzes recently and posted them onto Manoucheries. So I guess I can share them here as well. Here's Montagne Sainte-Geneviève taken from Yorgui Loeffler's first CD.

GuitarPro 4 file: http://www.serendipity-band.com/misc/manouche/images/transcriptions/montagne.gp4
Midi file: http://www.serendipity-band.com/misc/manouche/images/transcriptions/montagne.mid

I indicated the pick strokes as well.

Yann
My own Manouche guitar page in the works: http://www.serendipity-band.com/misc/ma ... toc-en.htm

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Please post a pdf for those of us who don't have GuitarPro.

Thanks
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Et voila !
    :)
    Tobyone
    - JG
    Thanks for the pdf!!!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yeah, thanks for the pdf!
  • ZenguitarZenguitar New
    I love this piece and am happy to have found your transcription!

Thanks so much!
  • ZenguitarZenguitar New
    Great transcription! I am just putting this comment as a suggestion. I am a session musician and read quite well. The piece in 6/8 is notated almost in triplets. In that the groupings are in threes and then when triplets occur that overwrites. In fact in 6/8 the essential melody is in groups of two. A good example is in bar 9 you have too many eighth notes, even though you notate them correctly as groups of three. In fact they are 16th note triplets in 6/8, that in fact would be accurate as a polytrythm notation 3:2 in that there are three 16th notes happening in the space of 2 eighth notes in 6/8. I comment only because while it was valuable to see the notes of the melody, the rhythmic values were a bit confusing. Again just looking at bar 9 the notaion implies a meter change to 9/8. If I were to re-notate I would look at the melody in groups of two's and the triplest as 16th note triplets. Anyway, again TYVM, I love this tune!
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    If you like MSG, then allow me recommend the Matelo Ferret version. It is probably the only historically accurate one - since he actually played with Django, he most likely picked it up straight from him. In my opinion it is the only version with Django's genius still preserved.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I love Matelot's version, but there are a lot of great ones out there, not all of them barnburners from today's players. Here's a version from Bousquet:

Vive la différence!