DjangoBooks.com

A gig and a jam in Brooklyn This week

bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
edited July 2007 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 668
Hi everyone,
This week there is a gig and a jam session (un bouef! sp?). I am playing tonight with the Manhattan Hot Club at Belleville, a fantastic bistro located in scenic park slope, Brooklyn. Its Bastille day today- so come check us out for some full on celebration at this local French hang. . . the food is great, and the place is really nice. The location is 330-332 Fifth Street Brooklyn NY 11215
(corner of Fifth Avenue and Fifth Street). we are on from 8-10 tonight.
And, as usual, I am hosting my biweekly jam session at puppets jazz this week on Monday night. This time we will start at around 8.30 or 9 pm . . .Puppets is a great local jazz club with very talented musicians who come and sit in. . . I will be hosting this session with two very talented and amazing players, Marc Daines, and Piruz Partow. Please come by and check it out, bring your "gypsy" chops and jam. Last time we had players from japan, and Philly (Thanks to Ernie and Masa) and the jam was improved by the addition of a rarely heard flute to our gypsy swing sound (thanks to Justin!) it was a lot of fun. Puppets is located at 294 5th ave, in Brooklyn NY . . A few notes on this - I know it looks like they are not open during the daytime hours, and there is a for rent sign on the awning, but I promise the session will happen. So see you at the gigs!!
Cheers,
Ben