DjangoBooks.com

Django Dark Eyes 1947

2»

Comments

• François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi,

Here is how the .tef (TablEdit) File looks like when it is converted to a .pdf

The fingering of the first chord looks quite questionnable too.

Best

François RAVEZ
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Hi Bones:

When I click on those subject headings under "Transcriptions", I get what looks like scanned sheets of tab which I can save to my computer (and, I presume print - although I haven't tried to print them yet). I'm not computer-saavy enough to tell you why you can't see them (interestingly, I usually can't see the pics posted here on djangobooks, from my home computer, and I can't figure out why; I can see them from my work computer).

Charlie
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hi Charlie,

Well, for one thing, when I open that page it is all in French which I don't speak so it is hard for me to navigate around. Is there a link to display it in english?

Thanks,

Mike
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Hi Bones:

I'm also an Anglophone, but I get around the site ok. Just go to the section that is 2nd from the bottom (which is actually titles "playin' and singin'", and you'll find the transcription section. It's a European site, so I don' thing there's a way to see it in English.

Charlie
  • KoratKorat NetherlandsNew
    Bones wrote:
    Hey Charlie,

I can't get any of those transcriptions on this site (http://www.djangoswing.de.tl/) to show up. It says there is an error on the page or something like that. Is there some trick to making it work?

Thanks

You cannot view the files on the site directly. First you have to download and install the TableEdit viewer, then download the file. The TE viewer is freeware, no costs involved.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
  • RivieraRiviera Wellington, New ZealandNew
    Just had a look at the Dark eyes transcription from the french book and unfortunately the 4th chorus is wrong, the rhythm is all out if you listen to Django playing it. Django uses the dotted quarter rhythm starting on beat 2 not on the and of one plus the last four notes of bar 8 of the 4th chorus dont exist, Django plays nothing here. My advice is don't trust transcriptions, always listen to the original.....