DjangoBooks.com

Old man River

xavxav New
edited May 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 20
Hi guys
Really sorry for double posting this but I was having problems uploading this to my orginal thread, and my title was too vague anyway.
Here's the rosenberg's version of old man river, from the documentary that accompanies the live at samois DVD. It has stochelo's solo plus reasonably accurate rhythm and bass parts so you can take it out to gig with the band straight away, once you've learnt the solo that is...
Hope you enjoy it.
Xav

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    So , does that make the form AABAAABA ?
    djangology wrote:
    So , does that make the form AABAAABA ?

I think it could just be called AABA.
  • xavxav New
    If you want the technical definition it would be:

intro
    AABA
    AABA (repeat of page one)

then I'm not sure but it'd be a

CCDE

C being the key change/bridge section, D being the altered B section with that change to Dm, and E being the coda basically...

However thats sticking rigidly to the Rosenberg's arrangement which is in the pdf file. If you were taking this out to gig you could follow that or just do the AABA I imagine. Not as sure what the django one does off the top of my head.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    This song is last on my list to learn, because of the various ways you might approach the arrangement. I am not into arranging... its not what I want to spend time doing. I prefer the organic approach and I would most likely try to force this song into the AABA.