DjangoBooks.com

Stompin' At Decca

gypsyjazzergypsyjazzer Brewood, United KingdomNew
edited May 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 67
Hi,

I had such a superb response with my last request, I thought I'd try and see if anyone knows of a transcription of Django's solo on "Stompni' At Decca"?

Cheers,
Stuart

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Great solo (one of my favorites), here is the solo transcription I saved on my computer that Denis did. Enjoy!
  • gypsyjazzergypsyjazzer Brewood, United KingdomNew
    Hi Shawn,

Many thanks for the transcription, and to Denis for doing the work in the first place. It looks and sounds really good.

I hadn't paid too much attention to this tune before, but on listening to the recording again a few days back, I was struck by how tasteful (as ever) Django's solo was, and how useful the chord sequence is for developing general improvisation skills.

Thanks again Shawn, I'll give this a practice later this evening.

Best regards,
    Stuart
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    This tune is next on my "memorize Django's solo's note for note" campaign I seem to be on. Right now I am currently memorizing his solo on Coquette, and the next one I'm going to after that is Stompin' at Decca and then his solo on Shine.