Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

SStopford rstraw

Chromatic Scale in Limehouse Blues

chip3174chip3174 New
edited May 2007 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 135
OK so I have been working on Django's solo from this tune for a while and can almost play it up to tempo, the only nagging thing is that chromatic scale he plays in triplets in the middle of his second chorus. I listened to it first and tried to figure it out myself, then consulted the Hal Leonard transcription which doesn't seem to be quite correct. Maybe I am being too picky (-a little humor there....very little), but I want to nail this scale... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    It's all the way down from the open E string to G (15), you play it just like the chromatic run on Mickael's book, ie with one finger.
    I am not sure I'm helping here ? Did I answer your question ? :?:
    - JG
  • chip3174chip3174 New
    Hey thanks for the reply, thanks to you Joli.

Actually I can do what you are suggesting, the part I haven't figured out yet is where to start the scale, the Hal Leonard method starts on the 4th string F# on beat 2 of the measure, I can hear though that Django starts the scale earlier and on different notes.

I will post an mp3 soon so we can all hear it .

Chip