DjangoBooks.com

Chromatic Scale in Limehouse Blues

chip3174chip3174 New
edited May 2007 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 135
OK so I have been working on Django's solo from this tune for a while and can almost play it up to tempo, the only nagging thing is that chromatic scale he plays in triplets in the middle of his second chorus. I listened to it first and tried to figure it out myself, then consulted the Hal Leonard transcription which doesn't seem to be quite correct. Maybe I am being too picky (-a little humor there....very little), but I want to nail this scale... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    It's all the way down from the open E string to G (15), you play it just like the chromatic run on Mickael's book, ie with one finger.
    I am not sure I'm helping here ? Did I answer your question ? :?:
    - JG
  • chip3174chip3174 New
    Hey thanks for the reply, thanks to you Joli.

Actually I can do what you are suggesting, the part I haven't figured out yet is where to start the scale, the Hal Leonard method starts on the 4th string F# on beat 2 of the measure, I can hear though that Django starts the scale earlier and on different notes.

I will post an mp3 soon so we can all hear it .

Chip