DjangoBooks.com

Comments of Denis Chang DVD

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
edited May 2007 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 1,379
I just received my copy this morning and after watching it from beginning to end, I can say it is the best instructional video I have ever seen.
Denis is a great teacher and his methods are very effective, he's cool and clear and even funny sometimes, the mood of the whole thing is very light and relaxed but he's serious too and he covers a lot of ground always making sure you get it.

It made me wish I lived in Canada so I could study with him...all you guys up there are really lucky to have him.
Looking forward to your next work, Thank you Denis!!!!

Wayne Nakamura at Hyperhip media is really cool too, they have really good customer support , the first copy he sent me didn't make it here, and he sent another one, free of charge, really fast. Very nice!.

So if you're serious about learning to play this music, don't wait any longer and order this DVD now, you'll be glad you did.

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Harry, thanks for the review!! wow why are the reviews suddenly pouring in? at any rate, I really appreciate it...

this summer i'll be shooting a 4 volume DVD - "The Art of Improvisation"... I'll give away just about everything I picked up over the years... I'm going to make it extremely dense and comprehensive like the rhythm dvd... expect each volume to be approximately 3 hours .... so that's 12 hours in total!!!

i've got the lesson plan all figured out already... everything is based on the private lessons i usually give... I hope you guys will like it!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Sounds awesome!! Can't wait!!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    here's a version of minor swing from 2 of my students , aged 16 and 18 at the time
  • phil_gphil_g UKNew
    Great news that you're about to make the improv DVDs Dennis, the rhythm DVD is a great resource thanks! :) Came in 3 days from Canada and is seriously good - will be buying the next set on release 8)

Thanks, Phil