DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Andrew Ulle KoryKilgor kanikajaiswal81

Selmer tenor guitar for sale

Dr What?Dr What? Seattle, WANew
edited May 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 2
Hello!

Long time lurker here, figured a few of you might be interested in a guitar I'm parting ways with.

A few years ago, I purchased an original Selmer tenor guitar from a shop in Europe. It's a fascinating and rare beast. Round sound hole, unique rosette, likely from the early '30s. No label inside/sn, but it does have the Selmer headstock and the original tuners/tailpiece. No one has modified it to make it a six string.... yet.

It was at one point restored by Maurice Dupont, and he remembers it well and can vouch for it. I also contacted Francois Charle about it and, after showing him the pics, he surmises that it was a prototype built for Eddie Freeman himself. It has some traits of EF guitars but lacks the weird string spacing/neck found on EF guitars. He says that he wished he knew about it earlier, as it would have certainly gone in the book. I can pass along these emails to whomever gets this guitar.

The guitar is a joy and very loud and resonant. A wonderful instrument. Unfortunately, personal finances being what they are, it seems a little decadent to hold onto it. I gave it to local jazz guitar dealer John Stewart to sell for me and you can read about it on his site and see pics here: http://www.myjazzhome.com/33_EFSelmer.shtml. The price is $9,250.

One thing is for certain: it's probably the cheapest all original, playable Selmer that is for sale right now. If someone is interested, shoot John a note. And thanks for having such a neat forum. I've spent many an hour reading through your posts.

Comments